Ojibway Camp Recreation and Facilities Operations Staff
Every summer the Ojibway Club employs about 50 people, ages 15 and up. Facilities Operations positions include Food & Beverage, Retail and Housekeeping. Some positions, like the maintenance staff, begin in May and work through September. Camp Counsellors start one week before Camp opens and finish on the last day of camp.
Please find the various job applications below. If you're interested, please fill in the appropriate application and send it to the address on the form. You may just be on the way to the best summer job of your life! Suitably qualified children of active members are given priority status in the application process. All 2018 staff must reapply for 2019.
Applications for Ojibway Camp Counsellors are due January 17, 2019 and March 1 for CITs so don't delay! Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
Applications for Facility Operations Positions are due February 15, 2019. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
We look forward to hearing from you!
OJibway Camp 2019
We are very pleased to have Madi Macdonald leading the Ojibway Camp as the Recreation Manager again in 2019. Madi will be joined by John Barber as the Recreation Head and Harry Stephenson will be the Assistant Recreation Head. Both John and Harry bring many years of camper and counsellor experience to their leadership roles. Madi, John & Harry are looking forward to a great summer building on all the fun from 2018.
All members who are interested in applying to work in the Ojibway Recreation Program are encouraged to check out the expectations (see below) and download the application form below.
Camp runs for 8 weeks from July 1 to August 23, 2019 and we are looking for energetic staff to fill Head, Assistant, Counsellor and CIT positions.
We are excited to continue the leadership position of CIT Head. This counsellor position will include delivering a fun, safe and challenging program to the CIT participants each week. Responsibilities include: deliver creative programs, facilitate sessions on leadership skills, foster personal growth opportunities, provide feedback on performance and evaluate CITs. We aim to build the CIT program so if you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the CIT Head application form. Email any questions to Madi Macdonald, Recreation Manager email@example.com.
We look forward to another great year providing the Ojibway community with a dynamic program for all campers to enjoy a unique camp experience on Georgian Bay!
- 2019 Recreation Program Application Form (Counsellor)
- 2019 CIT Head Application Form
- 2019 CIT Application Form
Ojibway Operations Employment 2019
There are a variety of interesting and rewarding full and part-time summer employment positions available at the Ojibway Club in operations. All positions require flexibility with scheduling as shifts include both weekends and evenings. Our full-time positions require a commitment of availability inclusive from late June to early September. The Club recruitment process secures full-time positions first and then augments with part-time positions.
These include, but are not limited to:
- Administrative Office - responsible to assist with member services on a day to day basis which includes reservations/bookings, payment processing, counter & phone inquires, clerical tasks, camp registration, etc. Ideal individuals possess a willingness to assist members, team oriented and focused attention to detail to complete related tasks.
- Housekeeping - responsible to keep our Club facilities (including clubhouse, out buildings, laundry & rental cottages) clean and functional.
- Grocery Store - responsible to assist with day to day tasks & responsibilities that provide outstanding, attentive service to our members & guests in the on-site Grocery store.
- Gift Shop - suits energetic, service-oriented individuals to engage customers and build relationships while being knowledgeable of the products available in our Gift Shop operation.
- Snack Bar - ideal individuals are team oriented, focused on attention to detail, organized and enjoy a fast-paced food service environment that is committed to customer service.
- Banquet & Catering - assist with set-up and provide table service to diners on Tuesday & Thursday evenings and for private (and social events) throughout the season.
- Kitchen Steward - suits individuals who like to work both independently and as part of a team - key responsibilities include: wash dishes, receive & stock products and supplies, prep work, assist others with overall care of kitchen, floors, tabling & equipment.
- Maintenance - assist with the ongoing upkeep of our facilities including outdoor & indoor maintenance to our building & landscape.
While experience in any of these areas is an asset, we are most interested in hiring individuals who are reliable, team-oriented and committed to providing outstanding service and a premium will be placed on applicants who demonstrate these qualities.
Access to the island is by boat, making employment at the Ojibway Club best-suited to those with a boat who live in the area during the summer. For those applicants who require accommodation, there are a limited number of rooms available for staff. Please specify if you need accommodation and note that a $50 per week charge may apply and a damage/cleaning deposit of $100. Please prioritize your top three preferences when completing the 2019 Operations Staff Application Form.
Internships are available to the children of Members who are 14-16 years old. One week internships at the Club are in the areas of Maintenance, Grocery Store, Gift Shop, Office, Kitchen and Snack Bar. These opportunities provide valuable work experience for teenagers who are just starting to build their résumés. Interns are paid $50/week and positions are filled on a first come, first served basis. 15 year olds are given priority.
Interested applicants should fill in the Intern Application which will be posted soon.
Expectations of Ojibway Employees
- Expectations for all Ojibway Recreation Staff
- Expectations for Ojibway Recreation Head
- Expectations for Assistant Recreation Head
- Expectations for Swimming Instructors
- Expectations for Canoeing, Kayaking Instructors
- Expectations for Arts+Crafts Instructors
- Expectations for all Ojibway Recreation Counsellors
- Expectations for CIT Head
- CIT Feedback Forms