Ojibway Camp Recreation and Facilities Operations Staff - Please check back for Covid-19 updates
Every summer the Ojibway Club employs about 50 people, ages 15 and up. Facilities Operations positions include Food & Beverage, Retail and Housekeeping. Some positions, like the maintenance staff, begin in May and work through September. Camp Counsellors start one week before Camp opens and finish on the last day of camp. Please find the various job applications below. If you're interested, please complete the appropriate online application and send along on or before deadline date. You may just be on the way to the best summer job of your life! Suitably qualified children of active members are given priority status in the application process. All 2019 staff must reapply for 2020.
Applications for Ojibway Camp Counsellors are due January 15, 2020 and Febraury 1 for CITs so don't delay! Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
We look forward to hearing from you!
OJibway Camp Employment 2020
We are very pleased to have Madi Macdonald assist the Club through the transition to our new Recreation Manager for 2020. Our new Recreation Manager will be joined by Libby Cole as the Recreation Head and Sophie Barber will be the Assistant Recreation Head. Both Libby and Sophie bring many years of camper and counsellor experience to their leadership roles. Bronwyn Ryley will be our CIT Head this year. Libby, Sophie and Bronwyn are looking forward to a great summer building on all the fun from 2019.
Camp runs for 8 weeks from June 29th to August 21st, 2020 and we are looking for energetic staff to fill Head, Assistant, Counsellor and CIT positions. All members who are interested in applying to work in the Ojibway Recreation Program are encouraged to check out the expectations.
Ojibway Club Operations Employment 2020
There are a variety of interesting and rewarding full and part-time summer employment positions available at the Ojibway Club in operations.
All positions require flexibility with scheduling as shifts include both weekends and evenings. Our full-time positions require a commitment of availability inclusive from late June to early September. The Club recruitment process secures full-time positions first and then augments with part-time positions.
These include, but are not limited to:
- Administrative Office - responsible to assist with member services on a day to day basis which includes reservations/bookings, payment processing, counter & phone inquires, clerical tasks, camp registration, etc. Ideal individuals possess a willingness to assist members, team oriented and focused attention to detail to complete related tasks.
- Housekeeping - responsible to keep our Club facilities (including clubhouse, out buildings, laundry & rental cottages) clean and functional.
- Grocery Store - responsible to assist with day to day tasks & responsibilities that provide outstanding, attentive service to our members & guests in the on-site Grocery store.
- Gift Shop - suits energetic, service-oriented individuals to engage customers and build relationships while being knowledgeable of the products available in our Gift Shop operation.
- Snack Bar - ideal individuals are team oriented, focused on attention to detail, organized and enjoy a fast-paced food service environment that is committed to customer service.
- Banquet & Catering - assist with set-up and provide table service to diners on Tuesday & Thursday evenings and for private (and social events) throughout the season.
- Kitchen Steward - suits individuals who like to work both independently and as part of a team - key responsibilities include: wash dishes, receive & stock products and supplies, prep work, assist others with overall care of kitchen, floors, tabling & equipment.
- Maintenance - assist with the ongoing upkeep of our facilities including outdoor & indoor maintenance to our building & landscape.
While experience in any of these areas is an asset, we are most interested in hiring individuals who are reliable, team-oriented and committed to providing outstanding service and a premium will be placed on applicants who demonstrate these qualities.
Access to the island is by boat, making employment at the Ojibway Club best-suited to those with a boat who live in the area during the summer. For those applicants who require accommodation, there are a limited number of rooms available for staff. Please specify if you need accommodation and note that a $50 per week charge may apply and a damage/cleaning deposit of $100. Please prioritize your top three preferences when completing the 2020 Operations Staff Application Form.
Applications for Facility Operations Positions are due February 15, 2020.
Internships are available to the children of Members who are 14-16 years old. One week internships at the Club are in the areas of Maintenance, Grocery Store, Gift Shop, Office, Kitchen and Snack Bar. These opportunities provide valuable work experience for teenagers who are just starting to build their résumés. Interns are paid $50/week and positions are filled on a first come, first served basis. 15 year olds are given priority.
Interested applicants should fill in the Intern Application form.
We look forward to another great year providing the Ojibway community with a dynamic program for all campers to enjoy a unique camp experience on Georgian Bay!
Expectations of Recreation employees:
- Expectations for all Ojibway Recreation Staff
- Expectations for Ojibway Recreation Head
- Expectations for Assistant Recreation Head
- Expectations for Swimming Instructors
- Expectations for Canoeing, Kayaking Instructors
- Expectations for Arts+Crafts Instructors
- Expectations for all Ojibway Recreation Counsellors
- Expectations for CIT Head
- CIT Feedback Forms