Birchwood is located along the path between the Ojibway Hotel and Elmwood Cottage. One of the first cottages built on the island, Birchwood is a single-storey, cedar-sided, three bedroom (sleeps six) and two bathroom cottage. Features include an original, screened-in porch across the front, hardwood floors, tongue and groove cedar interior, brick fireplace and fully-equipped kitchen. It’s perfect for a large family who wants to take advantage of all that the Ojibway has to offer.
Elmwood is our largest cottage. It is just a short walk along a path from the old hotel. This rambling, two-storey cottage has a wide screened-in verandah that spans the entire front of the cottage - perfect for reading, outdoor dining or just sitting and watching the Ojibway world go by. The main floor includes a large dining room and kitchen, a living room with a cobblestone fireplace and a bedroom with an adjoining bathroom. Upstairs you'll find four bedrooms, each with its own bathroom. Elmwood will accommodate 10 and is ideal for two families to share.
Just beyond Elmwood is Basswood. This two bedroom cottage sits right on the water with its own dock and amazing sunset views through large picture windows. Unlike the other cottages, it has a spacious deck across the front. The interior features an open concept kitchen, dining and living area with a cobblestone fireplace. It also features indoor and outdoor showers and will comfortably accommodate a family of four. During the Fall of 2015 and Spring of 2016, Basswood underwent a complete renovation and refurbishment.
Oakwood sits away from the other cottages on the east side of the old hotel. It is a single-storey, cedar-sided cottage with two bedrooms (5 beds) and one bathroom and is perfect for a family of four or five. The cottage has a fully-equipped kitchen, granite fireplace in the living room and sunset views towards the water. You can enjoy sitting out on the wonderful screened-in porch as the day fades into evening.
2018 Rental Weeks
|Week 1||June 30 - July 7|
|Week 2||July 7 - July 14|
|Week 3||July 14 - July 21|
|Week 4||July 21 – July 28|
|Week 5||July 28 – August 4|
|Week 6||August 4 – August 11|
|Week 7||August 11 – August 18|
|Week 8||August 18 - August 25|
|Week 9||August 25 – September 1|
The 2018 Rental rates including tax;
|Birchwood||Week 1 thru 9 - $2640|
|Elmwood||Week 1 thru 9 - $3245|
|Basswood||Week 1 thru 9 - $2640|
|Oakwood||Week 1 thru 9 - $2640|
* Check-in after 4 pm. Check-out before 10 am.
For the convenience of all guests please strictly adhere to Check-in/Check-out times. There are no pets allowed in the cottages or on the Ojibway island.
Special Deals for 2018
* 2018 Renters will receive our “Rate Increase Protection Guarantee” in 2019!
Renting our rustic, but comfortable cottages affords many unique benefits & amenities:
- Membership privileges for Tennis, Tuesday and Thursday night Dinners, Ojibway Camp and other activities at the Club during your stay. Additional costs may apply.
- Easy walk to the Grocery Store and Gift Shop which stock everything from lovely hostess gifts to gourmet dinner ingredients
- Each cottage is equipped with functional, propane fireplaces
- Outdoor propane BBQ for renters’ exclusive use
- On site emergency support from the General Manager and Maintenance Manager
- Free provision of in-cottage towels for each Guest’s use during their stay. Lost or damaged towels will incur a replacement charge. Towels are for in-cottage use only; Guests must provide their own Beach towels.
- Convenient Gas dock located by main docking facilities
- One year “Rate Increase Protection Guarantee” for returning Guests. If rental rates increase, guests returning from the previous season will pay the previous season’s posted rate.
- Bedding and light Housekeeping service for multiple week renters. Bedding and light housekeeping is available upon request; Excluding Saturdays, at a mutually agreed convenient time for Guest and Housekeeper. This service includes and is limited to; replacement of bed linens, spot vacuuming of main living area, surface cleaning/dusting of kitchen counters and tables. Additional cleaning services (when available) will be charged an hourly fee.
- Safe and scenic Walking Trails
- Some cottages have additional amenities that include private dock, swimming/sunning raft and outdoor shower. Listed amenities do not apply to all cottages.
- Multi-week rentals receive one complimentary “Dinner for Two” for the Tuesday Night Buffet. Offer valid for registered Cottage Guests. Only valid when Buffet is available, no substitutions. Not transferable, no cash value.
- Vehicle parking & Water Taxi service to and from the Island is available at a number of local marinas. Third Party operator, additional costs apply.
To confirm availability, reserve your cottage getaway or for additional information please email our General Manager, Mark Gienow email@example.com.